INTERNET SECURITY POLICY
When you visit our website to view any pages, read product information, or use the online calculators and tools, you do so without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. If you choose to contact us by e-mail, please be aware that the resulting e-mail to us will display your return address in the header we receive. Typically your e-mail may include personal information, which is only used internally for the purpose of fulfilling the request or for contacting you directly. At no time will we share your information with companies not affiliated with First Federal Savings Bank of Angola (First Federal) unless we are required to do so by law or court order.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Your trust is important to us. Therefore, our responsibility to protect the privacy and security of your account information is our top priority. First Federal uses the following to help ensure the security of your personal and financial information:
- Web Browser Encryption: To access your accounts through NetTeller, initiate online account transactions, or send us secure messages, you must use a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome that supports 128-bit encryption and Secure Socket connection supporting TLS protocol; this is evidenced by "https:". These technologies provide a high level of security and privacy, protecting data in transit between your computer and ours.
- Username and Password Protection: The length and complexity of your NetTeller username and password greatly influences the security of your account information. First Federal requires passwords consisting of a minimum of six characters to include at least one letter and one number. After a limited number of unsuccessful login attempts, your account will be locked. You can restore access by calling us at 260.665.7556 during normal business hours or using the Forgot Password link above. Passwords must be changed every 90 days.
- Security Questions: In order to reset your NetTeller password online, you will be required to provide the answers to the password reset questions that you previously established. In addition, security questions are part of First Federal's multi-factor authentication protocol and may be required when logging in from a different device than you normally use or when sending large Bill Pay transactions. In all, security questions are used to validate your identity.
- Timeout: Our NetTeller system is designed to log you out automatically after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Additional Safeguards: First Federal will never send an e-mail to you asking for your personal or account information; ask you for your password in person, over the phone, or in an e-mail; or display a pop-up warning or security alert when you login.